One of the things that always interests me is how often the new year is used as a point of introspection both in terms of what happened last year and things that are goals for next year. I think it has to do with how the changing of the year makes us think about our morality. I guess I’m going to be no different…
Looking back I’m happy about the things that happened to me:
- Got out of Credit Card dept!
- Visited NYC!
- Moved in with Stephanie!
- Got engaged to Stephanie!
- Ran Several 5k and 10k races including the warrior dash (I wish I had a complete count :-()
Overall it was a great year and (as I normally do) I want to document my goals for the following year:
- Get married to Stephanie without having a nervous breakdown from all the stress
- Lose 30 lbs before my wedding (2012-10-20)
- Run a half marathon
- Have at least $1500 saved for retirement
- Finally come up with a single topic blog and post to it regularly
- Develop my own WordPress theme for my blogs
- Get a side business website up and running by my birthday
- 10 more 5k/10k/half-marathons
This year I’ll do my best to keep track of my progress here: